Saturday 28 September 2013

The Snowman

Happy Saturday Morning Crafters!!!!
Today I am sharing my 3rd card made using the fabulous Crafters Companion CDrom "The Snowman and Snowdog" available now from  JB-Crafting Supplies, so I thought..mmm.. I've made a card using elements from the decoupage section..then last week I used the Snowglobe section,.... so what for this week? there really is so much to choose from crafters you will be spoilt for choice! well after much deliberation and changing my mind as it is ALL fabulously wonderful! I settled on using something from the Card Companions section!
These are brilliant, as each design prints out onto one A4 sheet and has everthing you need to create a card, there will be a backing paper, topper, sometimes decoupage, ribbons and bows, buttons etc all coordinating :) I loved the image I chose as I think the colours are really soft and gentle
I decided to create my own main backing paper with this card, this is something I LOVE to do and is really simple, I selected the "Snowman" image and popped into my graphic Programme- MCS, I enlarged, cropped then faded it to around 50%- voila! one matching background paper! I chose to back onto gold mirri card and punched out some lovely gold snowflakes, each with a gold gem in the centre, a little blue bow to coordinate and pull out the blue from the background, and for my Decoupaged Snowman, as this is only one layer I wanted him to stand out a little more, so used Crafter companion Gold glitter spray to make him "Shimmer"!!
For my insert I popped the backing paper again into MCS enlarged, cropped and faded and popped on a Christmas verse
This CD is definately one you need to add to your collection!
Happy crafting
Nicole
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card x

    I need to start getting myself into gear & crack on with Christmas cards!!

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete